Currently a monetary donation to the Campus Food Bank is the only option to participate in the Library Food For Fines Campaign. How does it work?
- Make your monetary donation to the Campus Food Bank using the Library Food for Fines Donation Form.
- IMPORTANT: For your library fines to be waived, you must include the 13-digit barcode from your ONECard / library card. By submitting the donation form, you give the Campus Food Bank permission to share your name, barcode, email address, and donation amount with the UA Libraries.
- For every dollar donated to the Campus Food Bank, you will be waived the same amount in overdue library fines, to a maximum of $100. Only current fines on UofA books and books from participating NEOS Libraries will be waived. Charges for lost or damaged items are not eligible.
- Fines will be waived in 7-10 business days after you make your donation.
- For our Augustana folks, all Camrose donations will be distributed to the Augustana Community through the Reciprocity Shelf located in the Forum.
Donate Food to Pay a Fine.
In partnership with the Campus Food Bank, University of Alberta Library will be running a Food for Fines Campaign and Food Bank Drive at all library locations from February 14 until May 1, 2020. All donated food items will be distributed to members of the University of Alberta community, and monetary donations will be used by the Campus Food Bank to purchase more food for distribution to the community.
How does it work?
- Drop off donations at: Rutherford, Cameron, Coutts, Scott, Winspear, Weir, Bibliotheque Saint-Jean, St. Joseph’s, or Augustana
- Donate non-perishable food item[s].
While all food and toiletry donations are appreciated, the most needed items are:
- canned meats (eg. tuna)
- canned fruits & vegetables
- beans (without sauce)
- peanut butter
- brown rice
- whole wheat pasta, pasta sauce
- rolled oats (instant oats)
- For every item donated, you will be waived $5 in overdue fines, to a maximum of $100 [20 items].
- Only current fines on U of A books and books from participating NEOS Libraries will be waived. Charges for lost or damaged books are not eligible.
- No fines? Donate a food item anyway!
Please ask for details at a library service desk.