Exciting news, UAlberta! The Library is launching a Curbside Pickup service for physical items in the U of A collection. This service is for UAlberta students, faculty, and staff. We are busy in the background planning, arranging, and organizing but in the meantime, we wanted to share that we expect to launch by the end of June.
Here’s how it will work:
- You place a hold on the physical item(s) that you need from our online catalogue.
- June 22 is the launch date to place holds in our online catalogue.
- Note: If there is electronic access for the item in HathiTrust, we won’t be circulating the physical copy. This is to maintain our agreement with HathiTrust for electronic access to in-copyright titles.
- Instructions to arrange pick-up will be provided when you request material from the catalogue.
- We retrieve it (timelines may vary)
- You’ll get an email notice where we’ll ask you to pick a timeslot and we’ll provide directions to our pick-up location.
- Give us a call when you arrive for your pick-up time slot.
- Come pick up your holds that will be waiting for you from our pick-up point at Rutherford Galleria, east entrance!
- This service is contactless.
Curbside service is available for material only available in physical copy. You’ll be able to place holds on most UAlberta circulating collections, provided they are physical materials.
Augustana students and faculty can sign up for Distance Service to have items delivered by mail.
As always, if you have questions while searching, please Ask Us! Here’s our web page with more details on the service.